FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cleaning Audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Adams
Cleaning Audio
on Nov 6, 2018 at 11:27:30 pm

I created some tutorial videos with Camtasia a while ago and used Audacity to remove some background noise from the audio track. I broke out the audio to a separate file and gave it to Audacity. First Audacity wanted a few seconds of just the noise and then it went back through the entire soundtrack and subtracted that noise. The result seemed miraculous! The background noise was totally gone. I'd like to do that now with a video i'm editing with Premier Pro CC2017. Has anyone had experience doing this? Is it possible from within PP? Maybe someone could point me to a tutorial.?

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Cleaning Audio
on Nov 7, 2018 at 5:21:36 am

You can do it in Adobe Audition. It has a similar noise reduction feature. Now mind you, I've never had to use it. I just know it exists.

I've done it in Soundtrack & Final Cut Pro 7. Not Adobe stuff.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Adams
on Nov 7, 2018 at 6:12:17 am

Thanks. What about breaking the Premier Pro audio track out to a separate file, removing the noise in Audacity as above, and then putting the clean audio back into the Premier Pro clip?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 7, 2018 at 3:25:11 pm

Make sure you put a couple-three seconds of that background noise at the tail as a reference.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Nov 7, 2018 at 4:41:24 pm

You also can purchase a plugin that will do it very well with little effort in Premiere:

https://accusonus.com

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2019 13.0 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Return to posts index

Steve Adams
on Nov 7, 2018 at 9:13:50 pm

After a bit of research I see it's easy to export the Premier Pro audio to a file and then import a new audio file for the clip. So that's the plan, using Audacity to take out the noise.

Thanks for the inputs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]