FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone have a good H.265 Proxy workflow with multiple audio tracks?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Calkins
Anyone have a good H.265 Proxy workflow with multiple audio tracks?
on Nov 5, 2018 at 8:53:04 pm

I'm trying to set up a team projects trial where we make very very very small proxies (1Mb/s), shared on google-drive, to let remote editors start working before they have access to the 1-2TB of footage per project.

As such, it will work much much better if I can handle it with injest settings into the team project (aka, handle the whole transcode inside the Creative Cloud family...not something like handbrake or mpegstreamclip)

We shoot mostly FS7s...so premiere gets fussy when the 8-track audio from the FS7 .mxf runs into the ingest setting for the stereo h.265.

Also, you used to be able to put it all into a .mov wrapper....but now you can't? I can't even put an h.264 in an .mov wrapper anymore inside premiere...when did this change?

Was just curious if anyone else had an elegant solution for cloud-based remote editing based on proxy workflows.

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
Re: Anyone have a good H.265 Proxy workflow with multiple audio tracks?
on Nov 5, 2018 at 11:10:39 pm

I use same method and have stuck with H264 and use EditReady as it allows multiple audio tracks to pass through. (H265 too slow to encode ply requires later OS X version)

PP gets AAC tracks mixed up so I generally retranscode the mezzanine (transport) proxies to ProRes Proxy, which means the audio channels are correct & its a more edit friendly codec.

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
Re: Anyone have a good H.265 Proxy workflow with multiple audio tracks?
on Nov 5, 2018 at 11:18:05 pm

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/35...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]