FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premier Pro cc 2018

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
richard whitehouse
Premier Pro cc 2018
on Nov 5, 2018 at 6:53:24 pm

Can someone please help me as i am fed up with trying to get the right combination right in premier pro cc 2018. I am working on video clips and pictures to create a DVD, a lot of the pictures and video clip are from my phone and the quality is brilliant. My problem so far is i have tried exporting in various formats ie MPEG2-Video and MPEG2 also AVI and many more but every time i render in Encore the quality is terrible when i burn a DVD with the final build from Encore. The quality from Premier pro is not that great if i am to be honest no matter what format i use. I did try H264 and the quality was fantastic tried that with Encore and the same results massive loss in quality. Would it have anything to do with a graphics card ?. Really at a loss and any help would be Really appreciated.
Regards Richard

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Premier Pro cc 2018
on Nov 5, 2018 at 7:50:43 pm

The problem may just be that you are creating a DVD.

DVD’s are only Standard Definition so they don’t generally look very good.
Build yourself a BluRay, that should look a whole lot better.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
on Nov 6, 2018 at 10:22:19 pm

Yep. Sounds like starting out with h264 video from a phone camera. Editing it on a timeline that may or may not match. Rendering it to a different format. Then having Encore crunch it down to an SD render. It won't hold up that well at all! And Brent is correct, SD DVD's aren't that great looking compared to HD video to begin with. But if you want to make it look a little better, just do yourself a favor and do one render out to DVD MPEG-2. Encore shouldn't have to transcode that.
Remember, HD is 1920x1080, SD is 720x480.
Good Luck!
TC

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Nov 7, 2018 at 5:14:17 am

So many factors here.
Your original footage is square pixels and your target is not.
Sad we still have to go backwards in this day of age :P

Return to posts index

richard whitehouse
on Nov 7, 2018 at 6:34:28 pm

Thanks for the advice, its a shame that so much is lost in quality after premier pro. Will try you settings, thanks again Richard

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]