FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proxies created in another resolution

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ahmed Sulaiman
Proxies created in another resolution
on Oct 30, 2018 at 2:02:23 pm

I have lots of RAW 4.6k videos from my Blackmagic Ursa Mini that I want to edit for a feature length movie. I've created proxy files in DaVinci Resolve (720p for smaller file sizes) and have imported those files in a 4.6k timeline (to match the final delivery output). The problem is that my proxy videos are way too small in the video preview area and I want them to match the scale of the original 4.6k files without having to scale up each proxy video.

I understand that I can just use "Attach Proxies" or "Reconnect Full Resolution Media" options in Premiere but the problem is that I don't currently have access to the original 4.6k files so I can't reconnect them to the original media now.. not until the final stages of editing.

So, is there any way I can let Premiere know that my 720p videos are actually proxies without having to reconnect them to my RAW files? Or maybe just scale them up in the video preview window without having to use the scaling option for each video?

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Proxies created in another resolution
on Oct 30, 2018 at 5:52:58 pm

I think "set to frame size" should work. Just do a test with one of the files.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Ahmed Sulaiman
Re: Proxies created in another resolution
on Oct 30, 2018 at 6:08:55 pm

Yes that worked perfectly! I've tried both "Set to frame size" and "Scale to frame size" and strangely, "Scale to frame size" was the one that worked for me without affecting the scale number.
Thank you very much for your help! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]