FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro 2018 - 5.1 Surround Monitoring

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Ford
Premiere Pro 2018 - 5.1 Surround Monitoring
on Oct 25, 2018 at 7:39:35 pm

We are currently working on a project that will deliver in 5.1. The music score, sound design and final audio mix will be delivered to us as a master file which we will then sync to our video. I have looked everywhere for a proper solution to monitor 5.1 with Premiere Pro 2018 with no luck thus far. The Premiere project is setup correctly as a 5.1 project, and all of the audio meters are showing signal.

Our Edit Suites have Mac Pro 2013 Trash Cans with Blackmagic Mini Monitors connected to Flanders CM 250 broadcast monitors. Each suite also has an 55" LG OLED "Client Monitor". My hope is (was) to use the Mini Monitors HDMI output to a home theater receiver to get the 5.1 monitoring, but from what I've read the Mini Monitor only puts out 2 channels of audio as opposed to the advertised 8 channels. Some have mentioned using an SDI to HDMI converter since SDI carries 8 channels of audio.

I'm looking for advice on the hardware setup to be able to monitor 5.1 audio in Premiere Pro. We're open to using different hardware in order to get the 5.1 monitoring working. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Premiere Pro 2018 - 5.1 Surround Monitoring
on Oct 25, 2018 at 8:03:02 pm
Last Edited By Vince Becquiot on Oct 25, 2018 at 8:03:44 pm

The Mac pro has a digital output (combined with the analog out) but I'm not sure what the current support is within Premiere.

The one solution that will work is a USB to multi channel interface. On the high end, you can look at MOTU interface, just pick something that will match your current connections.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Brad Bussé
Re: Premiere Pro 2018 - 5.1 Surround Monitoring
on Oct 26, 2018 at 10:21:04 pm

If there's a possibility that you may switch your workstations to Windows in the future, I'd avoid the Motu and Apollo 5.1 interfaces--their Windows drivers are both terrible. Instead go with the Presonus Quantum TB2 or the Steinberg USB3.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]