We have a project that needs to be at 60FPS on export, and we need to generate embedded TC so 4D elements can be timed to the video. I'm not asking about burn in TC, this would need to be embedded into the file and not visible.
I know there have been several suggestions on other threads about VideoToolShed, but it caps at 30FPS since it's LTC.
Does anyone know of other ways to embed TC into an export from Premiere with a 60FPS project?
It needs to be pretty accurate since we're timing the 4D elements to the video.
I think i might have found a semi-complicated way to to do it.
1. Export out a 60FPS ProRes 3.1 mix (stereo mix on left and right channels, center reserved for LTC)
2. Export out a 30FPS LTC timecode as a .wav file
3. Bring that wav back into Premiere, and put it into the center channel
4. Export out the 60FPS ProRes video (that has the 30FPS LTC wav) - This is the final deliverable
5. Create a new 30FPS sequence, and copy my 60FPS timeline into the new sequence. Do TC burn in and export it out - This is the reference file for TC numbers
This provides a final at 60FPS that carries the 30FPS LTC wav. When doing the TC's for the 4D elements, those numbers will be provided from the file that the same footage exported from a 30FPS project with 30FPS timecode burn in. Those number should match up to the ProRes final since the final has 30FPS embedded LTC wav TC (in a 60FPS export) and the reference file is 30FPS.