FORUMS: list search recent posts

Embedding TC on export

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Benepe
Embedding TC on export
on Oct 25, 2018 at 2:19:12 pm

We have a project that needs to be at 60FPS on export, and we need to generate embedded TC so 4D elements can be timed to the video. I'm not asking about burn in TC, this would need to be embedded into the file and not visible.

I know there have been several suggestions on other threads about VideoToolShed, but it caps at 30FPS since it's LTC.

Does anyone know of other ways to embed TC into an export from Premiere with a 60FPS project?

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: Embedding TC on export
on Oct 25, 2018 at 2:21:37 pm

What kind of file are you exporting? Not all formats carry timecode (MP4s, for example, do not), but QuickTime, MXF and others should inherit the sequence timecode.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

Matt Benepe
on Oct 25, 2018 at 2:25:40 pm

Planning on exporting ProRes. So it will inherently carry the timecode from the sequence without the need to do anything additional?

Do you know what type of TC it generates as the integrator needs to get a TC decoder. They currently have an LTC decoder, but said they could get a SMPTE one as well.

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Oct 25, 2018 at 2:53:27 pm

http://elteesee.pehrhovey.net/ Will generate LTC, only up to 30fps though. How accurate does it need to be? 30 FPS timecode may be fine

Return to posts index

Matt Benepe
on Oct 25, 2018 at 4:34:36 pm

It needs to be pretty accurate since we're timing the 4D elements to the video.

I think i might have found a semi-complicated way to to do it.

1. Export out a 60FPS ProRes 3.1 mix (stereo mix on left and right channels, center reserved for LTC)
2. Export out a 30FPS LTC timecode as a .wav file
3. Bring that wav back into Premiere, and put it into the center channel
4. Export out the 60FPS ProRes video (that has the 30FPS LTC wav) - This is the final deliverable
5. Create a new 30FPS sequence, and copy my 60FPS timeline into the new sequence. Do TC burn in and export it out - This is the reference file for TC numbers

This provides a final at 60FPS that carries the 30FPS LTC wav. When doing the TC's for the 4D elements, those numbers will be provided from the file that the same footage exported from a 30FPS project with 30FPS timecode burn in. Those number should match up to the ProRes final since the final has 30FPS embedded LTC wav TC (in a 60FPS export) and the reference file is 30FPS.

Am I crazy?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]