FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere CS6 stopped recognising AE composition via Dynamic Link

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kieron Moore
Premiere CS6 stopped recognising AE composition via Dynamic Link
on Oct 25, 2018 at 11:08:52 am

Hi there,

I've been editing a project in Premiere Pro CS6 and sent it to After Effects CS6 via Dynamic Link for grading. At first this worked perfectly and Premiere could see the changes in the AE file as I made them.

However, yesterday upon opening the PP project, I saw that the AE composition in the timeline had turned to a red 'Media Offline' image. I tried to fix this using 'Link Media' and by re-importing the AE file, but the Dynamic Link manager isn't able to find the composition within the AE project. It opens the project and can see folders within it, but not the composition,

I've tried importing an old backup of the AE file, and in this case PP did locate the composition. So it looks like something ha happened to the AE file to make the composition unlocateable by PP.

Any help you could give would be much appreciated!

I'm on a Mac OS X 10.11.6, if that's relevant.

- Kieron

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: Premiere CS6 stopped recognising AE composition via Dynamic Link
on Oct 25, 2018 at 2:19:25 pm

Not sure if this is possible in CS6 (which was released in 2012!), but in CC, you can drag a comp from the AE project panel into the Premiere project panel, establishing a fresh link.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

Kieron Moore
Re: Premiere CS6 stopped recognising AE composition via Dynamic Link
on Oct 25, 2018 at 2:25:18 pm

Hmm... when I try that, I get the message: "Failed to connect to Adobe After Effects Dynamic Link."

(And yeah, I know I'm behind the times!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]