FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export data rate for playing on TV monitor

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mickey Power
Export data rate for playing on TV monitor
on Oct 24, 2018 at 5:02:19 am

A lot of our work ends up being screened on large but otherwise ordinary TVs, often playing off a memory stick inserted directly into the unit. The individual film may only be around 10 minutes but because of the TV's menu info being displayed every time it automatically loops back to the beginning, before transferring it to the memory stick, we repeat the video over and over, ending up with around three hours on a 16gb memory stick.

Problem is we're finding the video and audio sync is drifting apart over the three hours.

The files are HD mp4 files exported from Premiere Pro at an average of 10Mbps (max 12Mbps) for video and 224kbps for audio. Is this too high for the memory stick's transfer rate? I assume it's all happening at USB2 rates. When I've lowered the audio back to 160kbps, the sync improves markedly. Should we also lower the video rate? If video gets below 8Mbps you can see pixellation, etc).

Are there any standard rates for this kind of screening? The TV monitors in question are all recent model Sony, Samsung units. Should I talk the venues into buying specific players?

Related to this is the question of making the looped program. I've been doing it in Quicktime since I cannot see how to output a simple compilation from Premiere without re-compressing the picture.

Mickey

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Export data rate for playing on TV monitor
on Oct 24, 2018 at 1:52:44 pm

I deal with all kinds of Digital Signage at my day job.
We recently enforced that all new TV purchases for digital signage have USB3 as file delivery method.
Now, of course, its still soup to nuts when clients want to push data over that tiny stick.
To me, nothing beats an enterprise system where you can playback clips at full feature length over and over without audio sync issues.

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Oct 24, 2018 at 2:37:49 pm

If you stay under 30 you are good to go.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Mickey Power
on Oct 24, 2018 at 10:13:50 pm

Sorry, is "under 30" a reference to the video or audio rate? The data rates I've been using are as above.

PS does anyone know about a compiling/export process in Premiere that don't recompress the material??

Mickey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]