FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro 2019

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Paul
Premiere Pro 2019
on Oct 16, 2018 at 2:28:44 pm
Last Edited By Christopher Paul on Oct 16, 2018 at 3:11:42 pm

Premiere has locked up 3 times since upgrading to 2019 yesterday. As usual, better to finish existing projects and perhaps wait for a bug fix version before upgrading. Happens when I export a frame. Windows browser window opens and Premiere becomes unresponsive. Windows itself continues to work. Rendered video output works OK.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Premiere Pro 2019
on Oct 16, 2018 at 4:03:24 pm

[Christopher Paul] "As usual, better to finish existing projects and perhaps wait for a bug fix version before upgrading."

....and let that be a lesson to you!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Christopher Paul
on Oct 16, 2018 at 8:47:43 pm

Yup. Has now crashed several times durning simple edits as well. Don't run this update if you can avoid it! I only did so because the Creative Cloud app prevented thumbnail refresh and video playback until I ran the update.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Oct 17, 2018 at 7:26:51 am

You could try trashing your preferences. That will usually fix some snags between updates. Hold alt (windows) or option (mac os) while launching Premiere.

Return to posts index

Jay Moss
on Oct 17, 2018 at 11:20:07 am

Upgraded yesterday evening; crashed 4 times so far today. Each time it saves a recovery project but refuses to open it on re-start and it's always when doing simple things like nudging clips.

I actually had similar issues with the previous version, and only installed this version in the hope the problems had been resolved. Would recommend holding off updating if possible.

(Mac - High Sierra)

http://www.jay-moss.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Oct 19, 2018 at 5:06:14 pm

We're still running CC 2017 and it's been very stable. Sure we're missing out on a few bells and whistles, but it sure beats dealing with constant crashing.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Oct 21, 2018 at 8:34:57 pm

Although I primarily use FCPX I finished a project on PP a few weeks ago and was very impressed with how it had improved. Tried starting a project with the latest version and I was initially really impressed with performance improvements however it crashed 3 times in my first session! Hopefully all the crash logs Adobe will be getting will mean there will be a bug fix update shortly.

Return to posts index

Jay Moss
on Nov 4, 2018 at 10:23:13 am

Just a quick follow up as I have now found a solution that works for me:

Firstly, I went back to using Avid for new projects! 😉

Secondly (as that felt like going back in time, and not in a particularly good way) I've discovered that there is a way to roll back premiere project files to be able to use them in earlier versions of premiere again!

My major headache was that I have a large, long running project, which I thought was now locked into using Premiere 2019 and crashing every time the wind changed. However using the following work around I can now use version 2017 which has, so far, been rock solid!

The following link shows the mac method, but the same guy also has a video for PC users and the process is super simple on both systems!

I had no idea this was possible, hopefully this helps someone ☺

GK

http://www.jay-moss.com

Return to posts index

Christopher Paul
on Nov 5, 2018 at 2:46:35 am

Thanks Jay! That is really helpful. Adobe just released a bug fix but if that doesn't help I will try that rollback technique.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Nov 5, 2018 at 4:59:40 am

Have you attempted to roll your Nvidia graphics driver back to version 416.16? I also had crashing issues with Premiere 2019 and then I took a suggestion of rolling back the graphics driver and now it seems stable.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2019 13.0 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]