FORUMS: list search recent posts

IS IT POSSIBLE TO COPY A PROJECT USING MEDIA BROWSER ??? Lost as to how to do it ....

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Yarosky
IS IT POSSIBLE TO COPY A PROJECT USING MEDIA BROWSER ??? Lost as to how to do it ....
on Oct 15, 2018 at 11:49:44 pm

Hello All! I am really struggling to make a back up copy of a massive documentary project. I have broken all 100 hours of my raw footage into subclips and when I created a back up copy of my project with PROJECT MANAGER for some reason the subclips would not link. It was suggested to me (by a social media leader at Adobe) to try and make a back up copy of my project using MEDIA BROWSER and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to do this. The suggestion was this:

" I'd recommend that you transfer the files again to the alternate drives one folder at a time. At least you can do that because the main drives work. And try using the Media Browser to see if that works".

Does anyone know how this can be done? I am quite desperate as I have NO BACK UP of a project that I have been working on for over a year and trying for months to figure out what to do ... So worried ... Many Thanks .. great community!
Cheers, Karen

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: IS IT POSSIBLE TO COPY A PROJECT USING MEDIA BROWSER ??? Lost as to how to do it ....
on Oct 16, 2018 at 3:22:13 am

Why not just use the operating system? Why not just duplicate the project file?

And if this project file was so important, why didn't you make 1) backup files as you went along and 2) a backup of the final project file?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Karen Yarosky
Re: IS IT POSSIBLE TO COPY A PROJECT USING MEDIA BROWSER ??? Lost as to how to do it ....
on Oct 16, 2018 at 10:38:11 am

Thanks for your reply. I originally made a complete duplicate coy of all MEDIA as a back up of my entire project of course, but as I broke down and started working on the doc I created sub clips. The PROJECT was backed up every day - but when I checked my duplicate hard drive copy of all my MEDIA I found that the subclips would not relink with this duplicate copy. Even when I manually showed PP where to find the "mother" clips PP could not relink. So that is why I have been looking for some sort of alternate to make a complete copy of the media of my project that is a BACK UP but will link properly to the assets of a project that changes daily. Subclips are just reference files so I have no idea why the references are lost on a separate drive with the same file folder structure and file names etc ....

Anyone out there have suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]