FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to mark which footage I have gone through vs, which I have not?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan elder
Is it possible to mark which footage I have gone through vs, which I have not?
on Sep 30, 2018 at 5:40:48 am

Basically when it comes to reviewing a shooting take in Premiere Pro, is it possible to mark on the timeline which parts of the video have been reviewed, and which parts have not been, without making cuts in the video?

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
Re: Is it possible to mark which footage I have gone through vs, which I have not?
on Sep 30, 2018 at 11:14:03 am

You can use clip markers for this.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

ryan elder
Re: Is it possible to mark which footage I have gone through vs, which I have not?
on Sep 30, 2018 at 6:01:49 pm

But the problem with clippers markers is that you have to zoom in to see them good, and they only cover one frame of the clip. Is there anything that can cover half the clip, for example, to show that I have gone though half the clip, without having to zoom in all the time?

Return to posts index

ryan elder
on Sep 30, 2018 at 6:02:45 pm

Plus I already use clip markers for other things, such as syncing audio, and I don't want to get mixed up, so is there any type of marking I can use that looks different so it will represent something different?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 30, 2018 at 8:48:53 pm

No. You have to use the tactics the software gives you. So figure out a tactic.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

ryan elder
on Sep 30, 2018 at 11:48:00 pm

Okay thanks. I guess what I could do is make a cut, and then label to footage a certain color that I have gone through so far, and then whenever I go through more, I just use the tool that can move the cut over more.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 1, 2018 at 3:07:34 am

Markers can have a duration. They can cover more than one frame....even an entire clip.

There is also a Marker window, that shows all the markers in a list, which might be helpful.

Return to posts index

ryan elder
on Oct 1, 2018 at 3:08:53 am

Oh okay thanks! How do I extend the marker duration though, I haven't figured it out.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Oct 1, 2018 at 4:51:35 pm

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=extend+premiere+pro+marker+duration

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 1, 2018 at 8:24:51 pm

To put a marker on the entire clip, go to the first frame and hit M. Hit M again to open the Marker Editor. Change the duration to the duration of the clip.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Oct 2, 2018 at 1:26:07 am

Waiting on Adobe to borrow the Favorite option from FCPX.
You could just subclip the portion but that can get tedious after awhile.

Return to posts index

Yair Bartal
on Oct 2, 2018 at 5:34:54 am

You could also go to the first frame and hit M, then click the marker while holding alt/opt and drag it to where you want it to end.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]