FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simplest way to view V1 & V2 simultaneously?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
wesley post
Simplest way to view V1 & V2 simultaneously?
on Sep 29, 2018 at 11:41:36 pm

I'm editing a show that was shot on two cameras. The assistant editor organized the entire project and already synced everything (audio was separate), as well as proxying all of the clips for me (from 4k to 1080). Each location (there are roughly 10) has been organized into its own sequence, with camera 1 on V1, and camera 2 on V2, and then camera audio taking A1-A8 and the separate lavs on A9 - A12.

I'm used to editing in multicam, but I've never actually set it up myself on Premiere, only Avid. So, now that this has already been set up and organized in this fashion, what is the best way to handle this? I simply do not have the time to start over from scratch creating the multicam sequences separately and having to figure out how to sync the audio, etc. I am hoping there is a simple way to accomplish this knowing that I have 10 sequences that have everything already synced, with V1 and V2 that I want to view simultaneously. Any ideas on how I can easily achieve this? Currently it is really time-consuming to click and unclick the Eye icon to see what the other camera angle offers. Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Simplest way to view V1 & V2 simultaneously?
on Sep 30, 2018 at 12:22:45 am

[wesley post] "now that this has already been set up and organized in this fashion, what is the best way to handle this"

You can combine your two video tracks into a nest, which will end up on V1. Once nested, it can be then converted to a multicam clip. From there you are good to go with the regular multicam workflow.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

wesley post
Re: Simplest way to view V1 & V2 simultaneously?
on Sep 30, 2018 at 12:39:51 am

Ah ha! Perfect solution - thank you so much Oliver!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]