FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam and working from the Source Window?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Blaise
Multicam and working from the Source Window?
on Sep 28, 2018 at 2:07:11 pm

Every Monday I have the job to multicam edit the Sunday church message and get it ready to upload to the web. The message part is the only part we show online. So my question is; After creating the multicam sequence, how do I not have all the rest for the service showing on the timeline? Could I just bring it into the Source Window and then set my in and out points, then drag it into the timeline? I have not tried that yet because I have not found one tutorial showing that you can do it that way in multicam mode.

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Multicam and working from the Source Window?
on Sep 28, 2018 at 2:40:30 pm

Google has the answer to all your questions:

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 12.1.2 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Return to posts index

Russ Blaise
on Sep 28, 2018 at 3:03:36 pm

I've watched that video many times. Nothing about working from the source viewer. I don't think you understood my question.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Sep 28, 2018 at 3:12:11 pm

Russ, sorry for not fully understanding your question.

multicam sequences are really just modified clips. You can think of a multicam sequence as exactly the same as any other clip. Load the multicam sequence into your source monitor, set an in and out point and then insert or overwrite edit it into your timeline.

The one option with multicam sequences is that they can be edited into the timeline as a nested file or as individual clips. You select this by clicking on the icon which is located in the top left corner of the timeline window

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 12.1.2 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Return to posts index

Russ Blaise
on Sep 28, 2018 at 4:06:06 pm

Greg, okay that was really helpful. Now I know what that icon does. I'm working a multicam edit job now and it seems to be working fine working with the source viewer. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]