FORUMS: list search recent posts

Stock footage sound bite shortcuts?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dean
Stock footage sound bite shortcuts?
on Sep 24, 2018 at 12:16:26 pm

Hi, everyone - here's what I'm trying to do. I have a paragraph of text that I want to montage, word by word, using film clips. I'm sure I don't have the rights to use anything that's not in the public domain. Does anyone know of any shortcuts or databases to help me find something this specific? It seems to me that if I had transcripts of stuff where I could locate words of dialogue really easily, before securing the footage, that would be a huge help, but this might be too arcane of a task to even dive into. The clips can be from film or TV, color or black&white. My going ahead with this project is entirely determined by how possible it is to do it. Thank you all very much!

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: Stock footage sound bite shortcuts?
on Sep 24, 2018 at 4:32:39 pm

You can do detailed searches on any stock footage website as well as Youtube so this should be relatively easy to determine whether you can put visuals to the text.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 |Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with FreeFileSync

Return to posts index

David Dean
on Sep 24, 2018 at 5:50:29 pm

Thank you! Perhaps I wasn't clear enough - I'm looking for clips of individual words from film clips that, edited together, will sound like full sentences. That's the challenge of the search.

I'm very grateful for the reply and suggestion.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 24, 2018 at 6:02:29 pm

Do you mean that you want to use single words from multiple sources to make up a different sentence? Like...

"Here" from Jack Nicholson
"are" by James Franco
"the" by Jerry Seinfeld
"best" by Tom Cruise
"carrots" by Sigourney Weaver
"money" by Leonardo DiCaprio
"can" by James Caan
"buy" by Uma Thurmond.

Or...like those videos of news people like Brian Williams, where you take single words from multiple broadcasts to have him saying the lyrics to a popular song?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Dean
on Sep 24, 2018 at 10:11:42 pm

Yes, the multiple speakers is the effect I'm trying to do. (The extra pun of "Caan" saying "can" would be a private joke...)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 25, 2018 at 12:06:37 am

For that you need to either find the words manually (listen for them) or load the clip into software like PHRASE FIND and do a search for the word you are looking for.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Sep 25, 2018 at 12:24:00 am

If it was me, I'd start with a website like this: https://www.imsdb.com

grab a bunch of scripts and then start doing word searches.

Windows 10 Pro | i7-5820k CPU | 64 gigs RAM | NvidiaGeForceGTX970 | Blackmagic Decklink 4k Mini Monitor |
Adobe CC 2018 12.1.2 | Renders/cache: Samsung SSD 950 Pro x2 in Raid 0 | Media: Samsung SSD 960 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 2280 x 2 | Media: OWC Thunderbay 4 x 2 Raid 0 mirrored with Resilio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]