FORUMS: list search recent posts

24p vs 60p Sequence Smoothness

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Beaton
24p vs 60p Sequence Smoothness
on Sep 20, 2018 at 8:34:23 pm

Lately I've been messing around with creating slo-mo B-Roll sequences. I'd like to shoot in 120p but my camera only does 60, but that's fine for now.

I've created a 24p timeline, so that I can use my 60p footage, slowed to 40%, to get slow motion. If I'm not mistaken, I should be able to simply drag the footage in, and slow it down to 40%, correct? Or do I need to have Premiere interpret the footage differently to get the smoothest footage possible?

Additionally, there are times when I'd rather have the footage play back at regular speed. If I have 60p footage playing at 100% speed on a 24p timeline, obviously Premiere is going to drop frames in order to have it match the sequence settings, but my question is whether it will look janky compared to if I shot the footage natively at 24p.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: 24p vs 60p Sequence Smoothness
on Sep 20, 2018 at 9:42:01 pm

The most foolproof way is to interpret the footage in the bin to the sequence's native framerate. Sometimes speed changes will introduce the occasional frame skip.

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: 24p vs 60p Sequence Smoothness
on Sep 21, 2018 at 2:28:59 pm

Interpret and 40% should be basically identical, but the bullet proof way is interpret.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]