FORUMS: list search recent posts

60 FPS in 24 FPS Timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlen Cyphers
60 FPS in 24 FPS Timeline?
on Sep 19, 2018 at 7:56:31 pm

Bear with my here as I am a hobbyist and new to shooting video. I recently went to Alaska (my wife's parents live there) and shot some drone footage (2K 30 FPS). I shot some normal camera footage in 4K, but I accidentally shot in 60 FPS the whole time. This was stupid of me as I really didn't want or need slow motion footage, so the 60 FPS was pointless.

I typically edit in a 24 FPS timeline as I like the "cinematic" feel to it, but I'm not sure how the 60 FPS footage will work in a 24 FPS timeline. I could Interpret Footage, but then everything is in slow motion (much slower than I would want it to be). I love the look of 30 FPS Interpreted to 24 FPS, so my drone footage will look great, but I'm just not sure what to do with my 60 FPS footage, which is the majority of my footage!

What are my options here?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 60 FPS in 24 FPS Timeline?
on Sep 19, 2018 at 8:14:34 pm

Well, no matter what, 60fps in a 24fps sequence won't look like footage shot 24fps. The motion blur won't be the same. Sure, you'll have frames removed, and it might look OK, but there will be no motion blur that you see when you shoot 24fps. But you shot the drone footage at 30p...and this at 60p...why not make a 30p sequence and go with that?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Carlen Cyphers
on Sep 19, 2018 at 8:48:44 pm

So you think a 30 FPS timeline would still look good then with the 30 FPS and 60 FPS footage? I do really like the look of 30FPS footage interpreted to 24FPS, but maybe my best bet in terms of a compromise is a 30 FPS timeline.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Sep 20, 2018 at 12:18:44 am

premiere has an optical flow feature.

-Exporting time interpolated media
The Time Interpolation setting in the Export Settings dialog box (File > Export > Media) allows you to change the frame rate of the exported file by leveraging Optical Flow to interpolate the missing frames.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/duration-speed.html#optical_flow

->now, this can work all the way from amazing to hardly at all. it all depends on the quality of your footage.

Return to posts index

Carlen Cyphers
on Sep 20, 2018 at 12:41:29 am

Wow very interesting...had no idea there was such a thing. I will check that out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]