FORUMS: list search recent posts

Uncompressed AVI Crashing Adobe Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dwight Duncan
Uncompressed AVI Crashing Adobe Premiere
on Sep 18, 2018 at 5:30:50 pm

Upgraded computer to HPZ6 Windows 10 from older HP Windows 7. I've used AE to create uncompressed AVI with alpha for years so I have tons of them. Now with the new computer and Premiere 2018 when I open old projects they crash Premiere. After many old project tests I've narrow the problem down to projects that contain these uncompressed AVI files. When I import an uncompressed AVI in to Premiere it crashes Premiere.

I surfed around for an answer to this problem, but can't find anything current. Do I have to downgrade Premiere to 2015 for access to these files again or has this problem been solve in the past few years and I just can't find it?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dwight Duncan
Re: Uncompressed AVI Crashing Adobe Premiere
on Sep 25, 2018 at 3:27:43 pm

Since legacy formats are crashing my CC and computer in some cases I've never seen the information below from CC.

"Adobe continuously aims to keep up with the most modern workflows and support formats and codecs broadly used across the professional film and video industry. As a result, future versions of Premiere Pro will no longer support legacy QuickTime 7 era formats and codecs. Professional codecs typically found in QuickTime movie files, such as ProRes, DNxHD, and Animation, are not impacted by this change. These codecs are supported natively in Premiere Pro.

To alert Premiere Pro users regarding this pending change, the most recent versions (12.0, 12.01) of Premiere Pro show a warning notification when you attempt to use a legacy QuickTime format or codec that will no longer be supported, starting with the next release."

RIP Legacy formats.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]