FORUMS: list search recent posts

Parametric EQ settings for music with voiceover over the top...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david payne
Parametric EQ settings for music with voiceover over the top...
on Sep 17, 2018 at 7:36:12 pm

HI all, I have just upgraded my premiere CC to the latest version and found that the old EQ and Dynamic effect has been removed. I had a preset using both of these that I used to drag onto music and then toggle on and off the eq when the voiceover came over the top in order to hear the VO clearly but still keep enough of the music to keep the emotion (I edit weddings)

Now that preset has obviously disappeared and I can't remember how I had it set! It just used to work and I used it for years but I now have to use the newer parametric eq effect and dial in the curve but I can't seem to get the same effect.

Can anyone recommend any settings or perhaps a different way of achieving this?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Parametric EQ settings for music with voiceover over the top...
on Sep 17, 2018 at 8:40:08 pm

If you're looking for a quick way of dropping music and punching the VO, have you tried Essential Sound? Balanced Male dialog and Balanced Background Music, adjust to liking. I've used that with good results.
Although most of my VO goes through Audition.
TC

Return to posts index

david payne
on Sep 18, 2018 at 8:29:03 am

no i've not even heard of essential sound until now! It looks like it might be exactly what I'm after. I'll have a play with it now! Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

david payne
on Sep 19, 2018 at 10:45:35 am

its not really working out for me.. I find it particularly demanding on my pc compared to the old method too, but even ignoring that, I just can't get a sound I'm happy with! I might have to find a way of installing the old version and writing down the settings and then trying to replicate it using the infuriating new parametric eq and dynamics effects

Return to posts index

david payne
on Sep 19, 2018 at 11:22:18 am

yeah, i'm definitely not using that.

Just spent 90 minutes with a constantly crashing project trying everything. I've removed all audio effects and everything works perfectly. Really struggling to get my project finished now. I really don't like Adobe.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]