FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beta footage upres

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Stanfield
Beta footage upres
on Sep 17, 2018 at 5:56:26 pm

Hey CC Forum,

I did some rough searching through the forum and didn't really find anything that seemed to fit my needs.

Basically I have a lot of footage that was filmed on BetaMax, was later digitized on an Avid and now sits in a Quicktime file. Basically, I was curious how people increase image quality? I have been playing around with Red Giant Denoizer III and Instant 4k and the results are OK. Any suggestions would be great!! Thank you!

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Beta footage upres
on Sep 17, 2018 at 7:24:46 pm

This depends in large part how you define "quality."

You won't be getting any increases in resolution, so if you are thinking "higher resolution", you are outta luck.

If you are thinking lower noise, more color saturation, stabilized handheld video, etc. you have some options. Some you have already discovered.

What are your goals?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Evan Stanfield
Re: Beta footage upres
on Sep 17, 2018 at 7:31:51 pm

Well, basically I'm trying to make footage from the 80's look *NEW*. Granted I know thats a tall task I wanted to see what my options were, I have attached the original image, as well as a few edits I made.

original.png
ae.png
premier.png

now, I'm pretty sure the color is way off, I just can't seem to get it balanced well. I've tried crushing the black and blowing out the whites. Adding a sharpen mask etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]