FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupted External Hard Drive - Can I work just off the renders of the project?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Bailey
Corrupted External Hard Drive - Can I work just off the renders of the project?
on Sep 14, 2018 at 9:20:57 am

Not very hopeful about this, but hopefully someone has a work around?

Cutting a personal short film on Premiere Pro CC. I have the project files and renders on my computer's hard drive, but usually keep all the RAW rushes on a hard drive and have the project looking at them. I had picture locked and conformed from the proxies, overlaid some titles, put on a rough grade and exported a bounce at about 5mbps to pop on vimeo as a reference for people to see.

The hard drive has now died. And no backups (I know I know. Cardinal sin. I was sure I had them on another drive, but I have an awful feeling that these are the only ones. Very very bad of me)

If I boot up the premiere pro project, everything is going to load, but all the clips will be offline. Is there ANYTHING I can do to just grab one pro-res version of the cut. Do the render folders on my computer hold the key? I'm picture locked, so just need it to be able to make a version to get it graded and my bacon is saved.

I am also looking into getting the hard drive fixed/salvaged in the meantime. But it will cost more than the whole project's budget. Making me queezy.

Cheers all. All help appreciated! Will credit you in the credits!!!!!

Don't Panic.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Corrupted External Hard Drive - Can I work just off the renders of the project?
on Sep 14, 2018 at 2:54:42 pm

yes you can gather the bits from your render files but you won't have audio.
as a test i put the pieces back together from a commercial done weeks ago.

Return to posts index

Sam Bailey
Re: Corrupted External Hard Drive - Can I work just off the renders of the project?
on Sep 19, 2018 at 9:08:08 am

Oh great - thanks for this.

The renders I have found seem to be at 1280x720 and have the LUT baked into them. Since this was the last thing I rendered out from the project am I guessing that this is all there is in the way of evidence of the project?

s.

Don't Panic.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]