FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Timecode Audio Data to sync in Premier Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Price
Using Timecode Audio Data to sync in Premier Pro
on Sep 10, 2018 at 4:50:09 pm

Hi,

I'm cutting a programme that features some in-car presenter pieces to camera and has been shot with separate mixer audio for syncing in post.

Unfortunately the camera and audio tracks have been recorded with completely different timecode and the noise in the car means Premier Pro can't use the camera audio to sync to the mixer audio.

But the camera has had the timecode of the mixer audio fed into it as an audio timecode data track. Is it possible to extract this timecode, like you can in Avid, to sync to the timecode of the mixer audio?

Thanks,

Luke

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Using Timecode Audio Data to sync in Premier Pro
on Sep 10, 2018 at 4:57:10 pm

I'm here to give completely useless advice and wag my finger...but this is why you ALWAYS slate when recording second system audio. I know it's not on you, but it is on production. While you mire through this, you might want to mention that fact to them...taking a few seconds to do that, saves HOURS in post trying to fix it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Sep 10, 2018 at 5:35:52 pm

Premiere does not have this ability.

You may be able to use this program

https://www.videotoolshed.com/product/ltc-convert-auxtc/

Return to posts index

Luke Price
on Sep 10, 2018 at 5:40:29 pm

Thanks for your responses Shane & John, it's as I feared then.

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Sep 11, 2018 at 11:08:52 am

It isn't free but there is Tennacle Sync Studio that works wonders for us when faced with these issues.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Sep 11, 2018 at 11:09:16 am

"Tentacle"

Ricky

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Sep 14, 2018 at 6:25:26 am

Hi Ricky,
Please, do tell me what the Tentacle software does that mine does not.
(Really, last time I've looked it had close to no options, and was hardware locked to a physical product.)

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Sep 14, 2018 at 1:00:55 pm

Tentacle makes hardware that feeds cameras TC, they can jam sync together and can be controlled with phone app. We do not need the software for this workflow. We use software when we have been given footage beyond our control such as the case of the OP. The software analyzes all media and allows you to designate an audio track as a timecode track, will then sync all files accordingly and then create a XML file which can be brought into PPro with all in sync.

We do not always have the authority nor the privilege of dictating what we will be given or how it will be produced. We use Pluraleyes and Tentacle - these 2 programs have allowed us to deal with just about everything to make our job easier, and yes, it does "enable" others to continue in their flawed, lazy, unprofessional workflows. I will stipulate that there are some times when the proper way to do production is too limiting for some people in some instances as they try to deliver a valid and important "message" or communication.

The only case where you would use Tentacle hardware and software together is when you have a camera without a TC input and you would record that TC on an audio channel and then use the software to designate that audio as TC.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]