FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro - squished footage issue.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Burns
Premiere Pro - squished footage issue.
on Sep 10, 2018 at 2:40:21 am

Hi there. I’m a novice at Premiere Pro. I have some footage of an event which I did not shoot, and is at least 10 years old, and I have to edit it using PP CC 2018. The format is DV/DVCpro – NTSC, 720 x 480 (640 x 480). 29.97 FPS. These are the footage files that I have to use. When I open these files in QuickTime, the footage is squished horizontally.

I have another folder called RAW with footage of the same event, and the format is DV/DVCpro – NTSC, 720 x 480 (853 x 480). 29.97 FPS. Unfortunately I can’t use these files, because they are all in very short clips.

My question is, why are the files I CAN use squished? And is there a way I can import them to PP and have them automatically/properly un-squished?
I tried bringing in some of the RAW clips just to get the right size sequence set up, then I brought some of the clips I CAN use into that same sequence and resized them manually in the Effects editor, but they look blurry when I hit play. Any suggestions, help, or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Premiere Pro - squished footage issue.
on Sep 10, 2018 at 8:40:44 am

Have you checked that the pixel aspect ratio of the clips is interpreted correctly?

Return to posts index

Kelly Burns
Re: Premiere Pro - squished footage issue.
on Sep 10, 2018 at 5:37:53 pm

Derp! Ha. That was it! Thanks so much, Tero! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]