FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Managing Between Hard Drives

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jason
Media Managing Between Hard Drives
on Sep 6, 2018 at 9:57:56 pm

I just took over a large project with about 5 years worth of footage. Right now it's all on a 40tb OWC Thunderbay raid split into two 20tb partitions, each using about 13tb. Currently this is our only drive, backed up to itself via raid. I'm a remote editor though and I bounce around quite a bit, so I do not want to be lugging around this vulnerable 40tb brick without a separate backup. Unfortunately, right now an extra backup drive is not in the budget.

I DO however have an 8tb OWC on hand, and I'm trying to think of a practical way to make this my working drive. Obviously, not all of those original 13tb are needed, so what if I were to media manage necessary sequences and footage, then transfer that over to the 8tb? Will it retain the naming conventions of each clip like with proxies, so then I could easily pass the sequences between the 40tb and 8tb and just relink footage as needed? Or am I creating too much of a headache for myself? I imagine there has to be a practical way to do this. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]