FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why no audio?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Williams
Why no audio?
on Sep 2, 2018 at 11:01:53 pm

I have some footage running in Premier which I know has audio, but I can't hear it. I can listen to videos in Youtube, so I know the computer audio works, but I cannot get Premier to play its audio as it goes with a scene. What settings in Premier do I need to make to get sound playing on my speakers? Ideas?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Why no audio?
on Sep 3, 2018 at 3:24:37 pm

There's not enough information to make a conclusive diagnosis, but I'll make a guess: you have a file where the audio is embedded in the video. It's called multiplexed audio or muxed audio. To use it in PP you'll need to transcode it to a media container & codec that has audio tracks & is good for editing. The file size will probably be a LOT bigger, and that's okay.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Sep 3, 2018 at 3:48:34 pm

Check your audio hardware in the Preferences: output.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Ann Foo
on Sep 4, 2018 at 10:45:42 pm

I've been having this bug lately when Premiere doesn't play sound from the sequence when first fired up, even though the audio meter is reading sound. I do a few things to 'remind' premiere it has sound - match frame a clip from the sequence to play it in source monitor, toggle 'solo' on one of the tracks in the sequence. Seems like trying to play isolated sound is easier when premiere is first fired up... after that it behaves as normal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]