FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting from Premiere for another editor to use in iMovie

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Knight
exporting from Premiere for another editor to use in iMovie
on Aug 30, 2018 at 5:30:30 pm

I’m working with a client who wants to edit my footage using iMovie. I’ll be using my DSLR to shoot, and using a field recorder for the audio. Then I will sync the audio using Plural Eyes in Premiere Pro. My question is: what format should I export the footage in order to get him the best quality?

I’m guessing I should just use “Match sequence settings” to get the best quality. Does that make sense?

Also, I may be exporting this 20 minute video while he is waiting. So I don't want the export to take forever.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: exporting from Premiere for another editor to use in iMovie
on Aug 30, 2018 at 6:16:12 pm

iMovie is VERY limited in the formats it can use. One of them is even end of life...Apple Intermediate codec. No matter what you export, iMovie will convert it...and you can't export to AIC. So your best bet is to sync the footage, then export that footage as ProRes 422. iMovie will convert it on import (it doesn't work with ProRes...and yes, AIC is a lossy codec). It does work with HDV native, but that is not something to convert ANYTHING to that isn't already shot that way.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tom Knight
Re: exporting from Premiere for another editor to use in iMovie
on Aug 30, 2018 at 6:29:58 pm

Stupid question - I don't see ProRes 422 as an exporting option.

One other caveat is that there will be yet another editor working on this footage, and I don't know what software he will be using.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]