FORUMS: list search recent posts

SUBCLIPS relinking to the wrong footage. But all metadata / file paths are correct! OMG ...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karen Yarosky
SUBCLIPS relinking to the wrong footage. But all metadata / file paths are correct! OMG ...
on Aug 29, 2018 at 6:50:18 pm

I am trying to use my BACK UP hard drive and a COPY of my original project which is a large documentary with a lot of footage and 1,000's of subclips. I can link the original footage when I open this project but none of my subclips are locating their "mother" clip and relinking. If I do manage to relink some of them, many are relinking to the WRONG footage (even when I point them to the correct bin in project manager where the mother clip is). I have shot 45 cards for this project and each card was downloaded into it's own unique bin with a unique TAPE NAME. My camera's time code and clip numbers returned to 001 each time a new card was put into the camera .. so within the project there are subclips that when traced back will have identical File names (001, 002 etc ..) although these subclips still have different Tape Names / In & Out timecodes etc. BUT .. when I look at the metadata of my subclips (offline), they all have a COMPLETE FILE PATH that points exactly to the correct file that they were originally created from. Please take a look:

I have tried "locating" these subclips by changing the "match file properties" (including "tape name" in the search, removing "file name" from the search etc etc) and this seems to scramble things even more (even when I point it to the exact bin on my ext hard drive where the "mother clip" resides it is suddenly searching strange volumes on the hard drive of my computer and not even looking at the ext hard drive bin I have sent it to ....). It would make sense to me if the file path for my subclips are intact that Premiere Pro should have no problem relinking my subclips to their "mother" file. I also find it strange that I need to link it by pointing to ANYTHING on my ext hard drives since theoretically that is not where a subclip would reside (since do they not actually only exist in the project file and not with the raw data ???). Very confused. Am I missing something very obvious or am I completely out of luck here?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]