FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export Slog-3 footage from Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simeon in 't Veld
Export Slog-3 footage from Premiere
on Aug 29, 2018 at 11:04:16 am

Hey Cows,

I have shot a whole lot of stock footage over the past year and I now have the time to trim, sort and upload it.
I want to open Slog 3 footage in premiere and trim it to a certain selection and export that specific part for stock agencies.
BUT ofcourse I want the Slog-2/3 info to be maintained so that whoever downloades the footage can grade it however he/she likes.
How do I do this?

My question:
What method/codecs should I use in order to export S-log 2/3 footage from Premiere Pro, so that it is still gradable later on?

Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Export Slog-3 footage from Premiere
on Aug 29, 2018 at 11:23:28 am

This depends completely on the stock footage agencies and their footage specifications.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Aug 29, 2018 at 9:16:37 pm

i'll answer in a purely technical way. if it was 8 bit, you can export 8 bit unless you did denoise as denoising can sometimes create a 10 bit smoothing effect. if not, then just focus on if you want 100% digital copy 1:1(quicktime png or image sequence) or a good enough copy that the eye can't tell and can be generational loss about 5 times before human visible like cineform level 4,5,dhxhd/hr or prores 444,422HQ. (lookup the PSNR values/whitepapers to determine that). project manager can consolidate clips if you're sharing.

Return to posts index

Simeon in 't Veld
on Aug 29, 2018 at 9:30:07 pm

I see what you are saying but the point is not whether you can see a difference or not, The point is maintaining the S-log color information so that you are not grading the grey compressed footage but actual S-log after export.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Aug 29, 2018 at 9:42:59 pm

like export out the original log? just don't apply any color grading! if this is what he meant, then he should know that as soon as you place anything into a premiere sequence, it clips the color gamut to rec. 709 permanently. only matters if your footage was originally in a larger gamut. you could use XML as a workaround to keep large gamut footage for resolve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]