FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick question regarding different video frame rates

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Johnson
Quick question regarding different video frame rates
on Aug 26, 2018 at 7:49:41 pm

If i have videos with different frame rates is it better if i make my sequence frame rate like the highest or the lowest source video frame rate?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Quick question regarding different video frame rates
on Aug 26, 2018 at 8:05:25 pm

Your sequence should be set at what frame rate you're delivering the final work.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 26, 2018 at 9:14:56 pm

Quick answer -- don't mix frame rates. Shoot & cut in the frame rate you need. Happiness ensues.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

John Johnson
on Aug 26, 2018 at 10:03:00 pm

but i'm working on a project where i would very much like to use several videos which are of different frame rates ( not because of that of course ). I'm not doing it for anyone but myself and i wont be getting any money from it. As for which frame rate the final product should be it doesn't matter that much.

Video frame rates range from 25 to 30 , is it that impossible to combine them?

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Aug 26, 2018 at 11:18:35 pm

[John Johnson] "Video frame rates range from 25 to 30 , is it that impossible to combine them?
"

Yes. Its done all the time. Many projects use archival sources of all different formats, frame sizes and frame rates.

Since you don't have a set delivery format, you don't have to be as rigid about this as many would...but it would be helpful to know where you see this being viewed primarily. The answer would be different if this is for something seen primarily on the web rather than on a TV screen. Also note, your location matters since TV standards are different depending on where you live.

Assuming you are in the US, and you are dealing mostly with video frame rates (29.97 and 25), and wish this to play decently on televisions, you are probably best making your sequence 29.97 fps. Probably 1080i, if working in HD. If you are in Europe or Asia, I'd go with 25 fps.

If you are only viewing on a computer screen, make it 1080p instead of 1080i, and use the frame rate that you have the most of.

These are just guesses based on what you have told us.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]