FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synced Mic Audio+ Camera Audio sounds metallic together, fine apart?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucy Augustine
Synced Mic Audio+ Camera Audio sounds metallic together, fine apart?
on Aug 23, 2018 at 5:34:38 pm

Hi Guys!
I'm having a weird problem with one section of synced audio and video on my 23.97 fps timeline. All the other synced audio sounds fine except for this one section that sounds incredibly metallic-y. I know it's in sync and I've tried clicking "Show Audio time units" and moving half a frame, but all that does is get it out of sync. Even weirder, when I solo each track, they sound perfectly fine- no hint of metallic sound.
Anyone got any ideas?

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
Re: Synced Mic Audio+ Camera Audio sounds metallic together, fine apart?
on Aug 24, 2018 at 1:07:51 pm

[Lucy Augustine] " the other synced audio sounds fine except for this one section that sounds incredibly metallic-y"

How was this scene Mic'd - what mic for track 1, what mic for track 2? If you were using 2 different mic's, and the physical distance between the 2 mic's changed during the course of the shoot it is possible that at certain points in time you had a phase conflict between the different mic's, which is why the sound would be fine at some points but not at others, and also why the individual tracks would always sound fine.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

John Heiser
on Aug 24, 2018 at 8:43:29 pm

Do you need both audio tracks - is there something different from the sync sound versus the camera sound? Herb is correct about the phasing. I would use only one track - either the camera or the sync sound - all the time.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

Lucy Augustine
on Aug 28, 2018 at 4:07:53 pm

That sounds like a good solution. Both audio tracks are the same material, I was just making sure it wasn't a symptom of a bigger problem. I'll go over what the issue is with the lead editor and email our production team to make sure they know that this is happening.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]