FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro. Marrying up / syncing media seen in a transition phase, with the same media in the media slot.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Pearson
Premiere Pro. Marrying up / syncing media seen in a transition phase, with the same media in the media slot.
on Aug 19, 2018 at 3:24:20 am

Hi Guys.

I need your help!

I’m new to Premiere Pro, but know my way around Photoshop well enough to recognise some of Adobe’s working processes.

I’m working with a Premiere Pro template, downloaded from a template provider / website.

I’ve invested too much to give up and start all over again with another template.

I’m ammending the template to fit my needs better. The template I’m trying to amend has media slots and transition phases.

The order goes....A transition phase with text (the first half of the transition), followed by a media stage, followed by a second transition phase with text (the second half of the transition).

So it’s a media slot bookended by two transtion phases.

Media seen in the media slot is also played in both the transition phases connected to it.

Being a template, this file uses the drag and drop process of dropping media into ‘precomp’ folders - for want of a better word.

I want to extend and reduce the lengths of some of the media slots on the timeline, and have done so through extending their lengths on the timeline.

But if I now drop footage into a media slot I’ve extended, the media in the second half of the transition phase (the phase to the right of the media slot in question) does not sync up with the media in the media slot.

(I’m having no syncing issues with the media being playing in the first half of the transition, syncing with the media in the media slot - as they play directly after one another just fine)

It appears that there is a point in each media slot, that the second half of the transition phase takes a copy from - playing the end part of that media during the second half of the transition phase. *This is how I’m imagining it, in reality it may not work this way. Being new to Premier Pro I don’t know for sure.

If this is so, how do I move the point that the second half of the transition phase appears to be taking media from, so the media in the second half of the transition phase marries up / syncs with the media in the extended media slots? And where do I find this ‘point’? I’ve looked everywhere trying to find any signs of this effects indicator and it’s syncing ‘point’.

I’ve come so far, I keep learning something new, and keep attempting to clear each hurdle I’m presented with.

I’ve been at this for two weeks.

Please help!

Regards, James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]