FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color correcting/FX in Resolve

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Douglass
Color correcting/FX in Resolve
on Aug 17, 2018 at 5:56:32 am

Hello,

I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC and all it's Adobe Apps. I am unable to fully switch to Resolve as the work I do is for several other people in the film industry and they use Adobe so we use the Creative Cloud Team feature to share edits back and forth. I have been asked to be the color/fx person for most projects and I am trying to import Premiere Edits into Resolve so I can color correct and apply effects which will then be sent back in Premiere before final output. What is the best way if possible to do this? I obviously want to retain crossfades, scaling by keyframes etc that are done In Premiere and keep that so when I color correct and add effects from Resolve it won't get rid of anything done in Premiere when I send it back. Is this possible and if so how much is involved?

Thanks,

Bryce

Bryce

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Color correcting/FX in Resolve
on Aug 17, 2018 at 5:07:56 pm

If it's simple cuts and dissolves, and reframing, those will transfer fine via XML. So export the XML from Premiere, bring all the media into Resolve, import the XML...color correct, and then render out new media with handles and XML it back to Premiere...there's an option for that in the Delivery page.

Why go back to Premiere for final output? That's what Resolve is made for.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bryce Douglass
on Aug 19, 2018 at 2:24:41 pm

Some plugins aren't available in Resolve that Premiere has and I use some plugins before the final output.

Also, is there a way to just export a LUT from Resolve into Premiere? I love Resolves color checker chart. If I could grab a LUT from the color checker chart from a clip of my video and export that into Premiere I could sometimes just use that as an adjustment layer in Premiere

Bryce

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Aug 20, 2018 at 12:24:47 am

premiere has a free color checker plugin
http://www.mattroberts.org/MBR_Color_Corrector/

Return to posts index

Bryce Douglass
on Aug 20, 2018 at 7:25:18 pm

I've tried that plugin it doesn't work.