FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export for TV from Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lorène Yavo
Export for TV from Premiere Pro CC
on Aug 13, 2018 at 1:06:21 pm

Hello!

I have to send my graduation film to a TV channel but I'm uncertain about some of the specifications, especially the timecode parts... I was asked to send this:

File Format:

* XDCAM HD 50 Mbps

* MXF SMPTE 377M OP1A 378M Frame Wrapping

* Use of Body partitions, containing one or more GOP

* The Index Segment will be part of the next Body Partition or in the footer of the last Index segment

Video Stream :

* MPEG-2 4:2:2 Profile@High Level

* Video bit rate: 50 Mbps

* Sampling: 4:2:2

* Aspect ratio: 16:9 OAR

* PAL (25 fps)

* Resolution: 1920x1080

* Scan Order : Top Field First

* GOP structure: IBBP

* GOP size: 12

* Closed GOP: Yes

* DCT precision: 10 bits

* Rate control: CBR

Audio Stream :

* Audio standard: LPCM 24 bits

* Sampling frequency: 48 khz

* Stream mode: Mono

TIME CODE:

* In the MPEG-2 GOP Headers

* In the Time Code track of the MXF file

* In the VITC

* The Time Code must be the same in those three places

So I've got this:

And at the moment I think I am kind of ok with the three first parts, but I can't make sense of the time code specifications... Does anybody know how to export the timecode the way they want it?

Thank you for any help and sorry if it's some dum-dum question, I've been trying to figure this out by myself for quite some time now but I really don't know what to do :/

Return to posts index

mark thompson
Re: Export for TV from Premiere Pro CC
on Aug 16, 2018 at 1:07:19 pm

not a dum dum question at all, meeting broadcaster requirements can be very challenging.

Have you had a rejection already on this?

Are they saying the three timecodes must be aligned? or perhaps if they are there they must be aligned. e.g. if no vitc came with the media then it will still pass?

Return to posts index

Lorène Yavo
on Aug 16, 2018 at 7:56:10 pm

Hello! Thank you for your reply!

I did not receive a rejection yet as the person I'm supposed to send it to won't be available before the 23th of August. Concerning the timecode, here are some other informations I got (translated from french):

-A LTC (EBU Tech 3097) will be recorded from the start to the end of the program
-The timecode will start at 00.00.00.00. on the first image of the file
-The LTC and VITC informations, transported under the form of Ancillary Data Time Code (SMPTE RP188) must be similar
-No breaking of the TC signal
-The time code will have to be similar in the MPEG2-GOP headers and in the time code track of the mxf

I'm not going to lie this is slightly confusing to me Thank you again for taking the time to reply!!

Return to posts index

David Baud
on Aug 20, 2018 at 6:13:57 am

Bonjour Lorène,

Are you delivering your film to a french broadcaster?

I believe you should be ok with your settings but if you can I would ask to run a test and confirm with QC that your file is compliant with what is requested. Regarding timecode, it specifies that timecode is embedded in different ways in the MXF file... which I believe is part of the MXF OP1a standard. I am not sure if it will make a difference with your MXF output, but I will make sure your timecode sequence setting starts at 00:00:00:00 as well.

Also if you want to get the best quality output, I would check in the following:
"Render at maximum depth" and
"use maximum render quality"

Bonne chance,

David Baud
Colorist & Finishing Editor
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]