FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proxies create but sometimes don't play back audio in preview

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Smith
Proxies create but sometimes don't play back audio in preview
on Aug 12, 2018 at 9:36:04 pm

I have ingest settings that create proxies using the "1024x540 H.264" preset and this should leave the audio intact, only reducing the resolution. Most of the time this works however, very frequently the proxy video will show up in the timeline with an empty audio track (no waveform.) If I turn off the use of proxies, the waveform returns and the audio plays back perfectly, but I can no longer edit with my preview because the resolution is too high for smooth playback. If I play the proxy file back using VLC, it plays back properly and with audio, so there's nothing wrong with the proxy in that respect.

I am always recording with the same settings, so I'm not sure why Adobe Premiere can't play back the audio when it's clearly there and plays for other proxies it's created.

I am forced to regenerate the proxy, which may or may not work, or sometimes after an undetermined period of time the audio will mysteriously start working again.

In this current project, I used OBS to record a series of different clips including one large one at 2 hours long. Only the 2 hours long clip has valid audio; the rest just show the empty waveform despite all of the proxy files being OK.

This adds hours of overhead and hassle to editing when I'm trying to work around these issues. Does anyone else experience this type of issue when using a proxy and is it possible to explain what might be going on?

It's Premiere Pro 12.1.2 on Windows 10.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]