FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio stutter when using Frame Hold Segment

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marko Beric
Audio stutter when using Frame Hold Segment
on Aug 8, 2018 at 8:57:04 pm

Hi guys,

I have been editing a video in Premiere Pro and I need to freeze a frame and talk about what is on the picture. I put the pointer at the position where I want my frame to freeze, I right click, select Insert Frame Hold Segment. This cuts the clip and puts the frozen frame in the middle as it should. The audio is moved to the right as well. The audio moves out of the way, and the audio track is empty, as it should be. However, after rendering, the audio stutters at that exact frame and it repeats itself for the duration of the freeze (audio of 1 frame repeats itself). I do not know how to explain it better, I hope you understand. In the image, exactly where the pointer is is a frozen frame. Audio track is obviously empty. During the preview, everything is fine. After rendering, the video has stuttering sound wherever a frame is frozen, for the duration of the frame. I render under default preset for YouTube 1080HD. Is this a known bug and is there any workaround to it?

https://i.imgur.com/0B8EM8Z.png

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
Re: Audio stutter when using Frame Hold Segment
on Aug 11, 2018 at 12:44:45 pm

Sounds like a glitch to me. It seems as though it’s not just holding the frame, but also repeating that single frame of audio as well.

Try replacing that “frame” of footage with the same frame from your original source, but drop it on your timeline as video only.

Return to posts index

Marko Beric
on Aug 12, 2018 at 9:16:39 am

Replacing the clip with a video-only results in the same thing. However, a single exported frame from the source monitor works. Also, slowing down the clip with right click, "Speed/Duration also brings out the stutter".

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
on Aug 13, 2018 at 11:39:04 am

That is bizarre, but at least you have found a workaround.

Make sure you leave some feedback with Adobe. They can’t fix issues if they don’t know anything about it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]