FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio high pitched and scratchy when using proxies

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Smith
Audio high pitched and scratchy when using proxies
on Aug 7, 2018 at 11:47:12 pm

I'm recording H.264 footage in 4K using OBS and the settings I have are the same each time. Most of the time, proxy files generate just fine but every now and then I run into strange troubles, specifically when a particular file will only play back with the audio at a higher pitch and it comes across very scratchy, and the FPS very laggy. Checking the source video footage and it's 100% ok, and the proxy file also plays back 100% fine when using VLC.

I find myself having to delete and re-create proxy files over and over again to try and get it to work, and sometimes it never does.

If I disable use of the proxy in the editor toolbar, I hear the audio properly again. It's only when using the proxy. But I can't edit a video properly if the audio is not playing back clearly.

Why would Premiere Pro behave like this? I hope others have experienced this so that there might be a known solution!

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
Re: Audio high pitched and scratchy when using proxies
on Aug 12, 2018 at 9:27:33 pm

I think this has to do with the proxy video conforming after it has been created. It seems to happen silently and in the background, as often after a while, the audio will return to normal. It is a very frustrating feature because I'm essentially ready to edit and my footage is working otherwise, but I just have to muck around and/or wait for it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]