FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro keeps pausing for 2 seconds

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Valens
Premiere Pro keeps pausing for 2 seconds
on Aug 6, 2018 at 7:30:20 pm

I’m having a big problem trying to edit in Premiere CC. I assumed my system was fast enough for editing ProRes 422 on a 1080 timeline, but I keep getting pauses that are driving me crazy. The main problem is that I frequently get a beachball for about 2 seconds before the task is completed. For example, I drag the end of a clip to lengthen or shorten it, and immediately get a beach ball which means I no longer have a visual reference to where I’m dragging. I estimate the length of the change and let go, and then the beach ball goes away and the clip has been lengthened or shortened. But then I click on another clip to make a change, and again I get a beachball for about 2 seconds before I’m able to proceed. This happens constantly, and definitely interferes with the flow of editing. I don’t know if it’s related, but also often (like 90% of the time) whenever I try to quit Premiere Pro I get a beachball freeze which doesn’t go away until I have to force quit Premiere.

My System:
  Premiere Pro CC12.1.1 (build 10)
  Mac Pro (late 2013), 3.5GHz 6-core, 32GB memory, AMD FirePro D700
  Media from GH5 4K and Sony FS5 HD, all transcoded to ProRes 422, stored on 16TB G-Raids with Thunderbolt connections
  All editing done on 1080P timelines at 1/2 resolution with transcoded ftg, often with 2 camera video tracks and 4 or 6 audio tracks

Any thoughts or places to search for answers greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tom Valens
Tamalpais Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]