FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working at 1/8 scale for multiscreen show. What's the best way to up-res in premiere?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Mellor
Working at 1/8 scale for multiscreen show. What's the best way to up-res in premiere?
on Jul 30, 2018 at 1:54:20 pm

Here's our typical workflow for doing large format multiscreen shows:
- For example the final native resolution will be 15,639 x 2,253 pixels. An editor creates a picture-lock cut in Premiere at 1/8 resolution (1954 x 282).
- An After Effects guy (me) imports the sequence into AE and after linking everything to a Null Object, scales everything up 800%. Sometimes I have to toggle Collapse Transformations for nested sequences.
- I render out of AE using multiple output modules.

This workflow has major drawbacks. For starters, AE will not import cross dissolves from a PPro project. Also, more and more I'm getting various errors when importing PPro projects. The order of layers will be all wrong and some entire clips are missing.

Is there any way to cut AE out of the workflow and upres a 1/8 res show within Premiere? The first thing I tried was nesting the 1/8 res sequence and scaling the whole thing up 800%, but the transformation render order is all screwed up and the resolution is compromised.

Thanks for your help!
-Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]