FORUMS: list search recent posts

Templates Editable?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Buckley
Templates Editable?
on Jul 28, 2018 at 9:58:14 pm

Hello,

New editor here so apologies in advance if I'm missing something. I'm setting up a YouTube channel and want to have some editable Templates of things that I plan to use for every video - for example: an intro, some lower thirds that display my social media, a few motion graphics with effects, stuff like that.

Now I've made an intro in Premiere Pro out of various video/audio/text clips, some of which have effect/keyframes on them like changing opacity, position, audio keyframes to change levels etc. I want this collection of clips to be an editable template, so I can import it into any new project I begin and essentially it is then ready to be dropped into my timeline. Of course I'd still like the template to be editable, for example changing the text e.g. Episode 1 to Episode 2, or changing the audio levels.

I tried Marking In/Out points over the collection of clips, Exporting and then Importing into a new project. However it essentially merges everything into one, e.g. I had 3 audio tracks and now I'm left with 1 with all the sounds in so I can't edit the individuals. Similarly I change opacity and it changes the opacity of every single thing. I can't click the text and edit it.

Surely there is a way to bunch a collection of clips up (to be the template) and then be able to import it into a new project and it is the exact same i.e. the same individual layers and can be edited just the same, grabbing individual clips included in the template and editing them.

Hopefully this makes sense since I've really been struggling with it and plan to have 5/6 different templates so would love a solution, thanks ☺

Cheers,

Return to posts index

John Heiser
Re: Templates Editable?
on Jul 31, 2018 at 2:32:59 pm

Template projects are easy, and they're just regular projects. Create the project the way you want and save it to a central location (maybe a folder called Template Projects). Then each time you need it, duplicate and rename that folder/project and begin working. Another way to do this is to import the template project into your new project. In the Media Browser, navigate to your template project, right-click and choose Import.

John Heiser
Senior Editor
o2 ideas
Birmingham

Return to posts index

Thomas Buckley
Re: Templates Editable?
on Jul 31, 2018 at 4:26:40 pm

Thanks John,

I've been building my project template out (so creating all my intros, transitions, some lower thirds etc in the timeline) and the project has become very slow to play back (even at 1/4 or 1/2 playback quality), e.g. if I add some new clips/effects or make changes to an existing one it lags and needs to be rendered in to out each time for every change I make - is there a way to handle this?

Also is there a way I can have all the templates with FX on not in the timeline and just in the project bin or do they have to be out in the timeline and I just start a new sequence in order to build out a new youtube video?

Thanks a lot for your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]