FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to lengthen clip...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Vickers
Need to lengthen clip...
on Jul 24, 2018 at 5:22:07 pm

I'm editing a short film and, unfortunately, there is one reaction shot that we didn't get. I'm trying to lengthen a clip that can work, but it's obnly a half second and a I need to get it to at least 1.5-2 sec. I know, I know, I should have got the shot. Lesson learned. I'm hoping someone will have something new that I haven't tried.

The obvious solution of fussing with the duration, doesnt get me there. The most I can go before it becomes noticeable is 75%. I even tried to make a duplicate of the clip but them both at 75% and make the second play in reverse. The actor is sway and even that is noticeable and looks manufactured.

Any suggest of something else I might try?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Need to lengthen clip...
on Jul 24, 2018 at 8:31:02 pm

What frame rate is source clip, and sequence? Have you tried Optical Flow setting in Speed Change? This will manufacturer new "in-between" frames so you don't have choppy motion with repeated frames. Depending on motion in source footage, can work pretty well.

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Adam Vickers
on Jul 24, 2018 at 8:52:10 pm

Thanks, Jeff. Original source is 24fps. I'll have to research this and give it a try!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jul 24, 2018 at 9:57:41 pm

Not much to research. Right-click clip in timeline and select Speed/Duration. Set desired speed percentage, then under Time Interpolation, choose Optical Flow.

As the source is only 24p, you have less frames per second to start with so smooth slow mo will be harder to achieve.

Worth a quick try, good luck!

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]