FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create/consolidate new master clips from sequence or subsequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Bacon
Create/consolidate new master clips from sequence or subsequence
on Jul 16, 2018 at 4:54:55 pm

Hello,

I'm newish to Premiere Pro. I enjoy the multicam and subclip functionalities, but they don't seem to play nicely together. I have been using multicam clips to sync secondary audio with video sources. I then make selects from my multicam sequences using the "Create Subsequence (shift+u)" command from the Sequence menu, this all works correctly.

In different projects (with no audio syncing required), I have also created Subclips (ctrl+u) from source footage directly from the Source Monitor. Subclips are awesome, if I "Restrict Trims to Subclip Boundaries" I can use Subclips like I use other elements from the Project pane: my favorite thing to do with selected Subclips is use the "Automate to Sequence..." command from the Clip menu. I use this to sync my selects to markers in my master/output sequence.

In projects requiring audio sync (using multicam sequences), I would like to use my Subsequences the way I use Subclips, but the functionality is not there?! "Automate to Sequence..." is not available when subsequences (or sequences) are selected in the Project pane, this makes sense (I guess) subsequences ARE NOT subclips.

I want to either (a) create an actual subclip from an open sequence in the Timelines pane, or (b) convert/consolidate/bake-down subsequences in my Project pane so that they essentially (or actually) become new master clips. Can I achieve this without exporting the subsequences and re-importing the new clips? I would rather not invite this step into my workflow.

Thanks for any solutions or insights,

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]