FORUMS: list search recent posts

Online / Offline Workflow with 60p Footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liz Parham
Online / Offline Workflow with 60p Footage
on Jul 10, 2018 at 5:16:10 pm

Hello! For an Offline / Online workflow (using DaVinci for the transcodes) for a feature doc that's primarily shot in 23.98, is it better to retain the native 60fps frame rate and "interpret footage" in Premiere vs transcoding all the 60p footage to 23.98 beforehand?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Online / Offline Workflow with 60p Footage
on Jul 10, 2018 at 5:44:46 pm

You say you want to interpret the 60fps footage to 23.98...that means that you want to use it for smooth slow motion. If that's the case, yeah, you'll want to retain the frame rate. If you convert to 23.98, relinking won't really work...and your slow motion will look poopy.

Test things. Test convert 60fps footage to an offline codec with Resolve, cut it with 23.98 footage, interpret it to 23.98 for slow motion, then send the XML to resolve and see what happens.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jul 10, 2018 at 6:36:54 pm

I've had problems relinking to the wrong part of the file when interpret is used and I roundtrip. Figure out the exact slow motion percentage and use that for clips in your timeline. Should be 40%, I believe.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Liz Parham
on Jul 11, 2018 at 6:34:19 pm

Thanks guys, have often wondered if it's better to interpret footage or slow it down in the timeline. Any difference in quality?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]