FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam where every cut starts on first frame (is it possible?)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Haavie
Multicam where every cut starts on first frame (is it possible?)
on Jul 8, 2018 at 6:09:51 am

I have a friend that works with huge international live-shows. Before doing a job he sits down with the music and makes a dummy edit so that all the cameraguys will know when they are on, and can get a feel for the editing.

So what he does is that he puts down the song on the timeline, and starts multicam edititing between video files that says CAM1.. CAM2 etc with a countdown on each clip. What he would love to do is that every time he makes a multicam edit the file starts on frame 1 on his CAM1-10 file. (He will do this to make the countdown start on 00.00.00 for each camera)

Is this possible? I know this is extremely strange workflow but any tips of how to solve this problem would be highly appreciated.

(come to think of it. Would it be easier to add the countdown on each clip later? It would take quite a long time for each song though.)

Anders

Xraid-Xserve-Xsan-Xeverything

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Multicam where every cut starts on first frame (is it possible?)
on Jul 8, 2018 at 11:00:15 am

Not possible if the sources have BITC I would think, but if you have an effect that can do 'duration' as BITC you are done.
(I think avid can do this.)
It would be easy to script though based on an EDL.

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Jul 8, 2018 at 11:56:25 am

If I understand what you are trying to do (duration count from 1 for each time camera is switched) then yes Avid can do this. PPro timecode generator more crude - you might be able to script it.

Typically U.K. multicam music directors block out to a music script/score & have an experienced music script-super/AD count the bars & shots. Search YouTube for Hamish Hamilton and you’ll get an idea.

Return to posts index

Anders Haavie
on Jul 8, 2018 at 4:07:23 pm

Exactly what I am looking for.

What I CAN do is apply Timecode generator on all clips, but then it will count up, and not down.

Anders

Return to posts index

Anders Haavie
on Jul 8, 2018 at 8:28:39 pm

Could you do it in AE? Just use Dynamic Link to AE and then add the effect?

Anders

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]