FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inexperienced Media Wrangler - .mts files import

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Harrington
Inexperienced Media Wrangler - .mts files import
on Jul 5, 2018 at 4:34:27 pm

I have a client project shot on Sony 2 FS5 recording AVCHD 1920:1080 24p, the project is large encompassing 5 GoPro and 1 DJI OSMO.

Unfortunately the media wrangler did not follow protocol and instructions and decide to transfer the Stream folder only with .mts for the FS5's.

Apparently while using Catalyst to quick review during the shoot it displayed quality pictures along with accurate timecode so he thought all was good.

This is a 8 days road travel shoot with 200 - 350 clips per day per camera. I've begun the edit process using import directly to the Bins, not Browser Import, the .mts clips images look great and of course the import does not bring in the timecode. No TC is a pain but I can deal with that, each clip starts 00:00

So far I've cut Day 1 with little problems, audio assignments are correct and is in sync, CC looks good, etc. I have noticed my lil MacBook Pro is a bit sluggish, takes a second or so to play after pressing play, I've had one lock up during my first day editing and had to restart, etc.

Since this is a 6 week edit to create 5 - 15min segments and 10 - 2min segments with tight approvals I seek advice on best approach and to make sure that as the project grows I do not discover bigger problems.

Next question: regarding Catalyst Browse, it indeed displays TC so I signed up for Catalyst Prepare thinking it could output Clips to ProRes with TC but it does not. Any thoughts on how I could convert .mts to ProRes or any other acceptable format and retain TC.

Thanking you in advance for any advice to help me deal with a stupid problem and insure I don't create further problems with my workflow.

Michael Harrington
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Apple Cine Display 30"
Thunderbolt 2 Dock
GTech GSafe, GTech Drives

Adobe CC2018

Return to posts index

Paul Neumann
Re: Inexperienced Media Wrangler - .mts files import
on Jul 6, 2018 at 2:01:00 am

I use Prelude/AME to make Cineform proxies of all my 4K footage and timecode on the proxies matches the originals every time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]