FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen/masking

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john titor
Green Screen/masking
on Jul 2, 2018 at 2:52:55 pm
Last Edited By john titor on Jul 2, 2018 at 2:55:10 pm

Hi, I'm trying to key out green screen footage with ultra key but I also need to mask parts of the footage where there is no green screen. I was hoping to do the masking in AE and then key out the green in premiere. When I key out the green in premiere I get pitch black inside the area of my mask which I've made in AE and the background doesn't come through. Any ideas how to get around this? Is there any add on to do masking easily in premiere? I'm using dynamic link.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Green Screen/masking
on Jul 2, 2018 at 3:14:36 pm

[john titor] "When I key out the green in premiere I get pitch black inside the area of my mask which I've made in AE and the background doesn't come through. "

Any mask that you apply in Ae should create transparency (zero alpha) in the clip and this will translate as transparency in Premiere.

If you apply the keyer the masked area will still be transparent. Presumably this is what you want since it sounds as though you are using the mask as a garbage matte rather than a hold-out matte.

Are you sure you are seeing black and not simply transparency (zero alpha)?

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Todd Perchert
Re: Green Screen/masking
on Jul 3, 2018 at 7:24:06 pm

I don't use Ultra Key much, but can't you use the Mask tool within it? The AE mask should show transparent in PPro, unless you have a black solid or something behind it.
TC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]