FORUMS: list search recent posts

H 265 4K bitrate

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vasco daNeva
H 265 4K bitrate
on Jul 1, 2018 at 10:44:50 am

Adobe advises a bitrate of 35 when exporting (PPro - Media Encoder) a 4K movie. But in Media Encoder for H 265 the max value is 25 (both for Target and for Maximum). On MediaZilla I was advised to "set the Tier to 'High', Level '4.1', then toggle the profile to 'Main 10' and then back to 'Main', it should allow you to set it up to 50 mbps."
I tried but both Level and Profile are grey and can't be modified. All I could do was switch from Tier to High, but that didn't allow me to increase the Bitrate. Both Target and Maximum are still 25.

Please advise.
Thank you.
Vasco

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: H 265 4K bitrate
on Jul 1, 2018 at 12:04:01 pm

who cares about the actual bitrate?
H265 is supposed to be half the size of H264, and Adobe thinks H264 has to be 8 times the size as I use for deliveries. (I encode outside Adobe stuff.)
H265 is delivery only, so smaller is better, as long as it looks good.

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Vasco daNeva
on Jul 1, 2018 at 12:43:23 pm

But does it look good?
Thank you, Bouke!
Vasco

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Jul 1, 2018 at 11:27:38 pm

bitrates can get confusing. especially with different resolution sizes. its much simpler to use RF desired quality. in handbrake, you can set RF 16-22 and get almost identical with no silly math and extremely small file sizes.

h.265 is only really noticable on very low bitrates.
some other tricks are lowering res and using AAC audio as its psychoacousticaly better at lower bitrates.
AME makes really large h.264 file sizes. for some reason.

Return to posts index

Eric Merklein
on Jul 2, 2018 at 2:23:58 pm

I tried to hand out video files using H265, but it seemed that none of the platforms out there had the updates to play them.

What would you say is the best output format for H265.

Eric

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Vasco daNeva
on Jul 6, 2018 at 11:30:33 am

I can't use Handbrake, although I'd like to, because I am on Windows and it doesn't accept DNx (mxf) source files. Any advice here?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]