FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove effects reference in a project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Freeman III
Remove effects reference in a project
on Jul 1, 2018 at 1:59:01 am

The official way to remove effects in multiple clips is to select and use the "Remove Attributes" function.

I have a project that has NO Lumetri effects applied, all references were removed as indicated above.

This project has crashed multiple times and/or indicated the Dreaded "Low Level Exception" referencing Lumetri. If one opens the project in a text editor (Via 7-Zip), I find numerous references to Lumetri.

I also created a new timeline and copy pasted the video/audio, removed the original timeline, and saved as a new project, both in cc2017 and cc2018. The references still exist.

The project code is in XML and one can search and remove, but the text string is complex and may vary due to other effects referenced in the object referenced, thus not a reliable choice.

Does anyone know of another way to clean out these references?

Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Remove effects reference in a project
on Jul 1, 2018 at 2:17:48 pm

You likely have Master Clip LUTS, which are automatically applied to certain types of source material. They are not easily removed.

This video tells you how to do it, even though its to solve a somewhat different problem also caused by corrupt Master Clip effects.

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman III
on Jul 1, 2018 at 2:48:32 pm

There are no LUTS applied.
I don't see any Video reference, could you repost the link.
Upon viewing the video and testing I will update the results.
Thank you for sharing this tip.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jul 2, 2018 at 1:24:23 am

http://www.thepremierepro.com/blog-1/2015/9/2/amira-luts-and-project-bloat

The LUTS appear on the Master Clip tab and not in the usual place. Not sure if you are familiar with those....many people miss that. If this isn’t the problem, I’m stumped.

Return to posts index

Joseph Freeman III
on Jul 2, 2018 at 3:10:49 am

John,

Thank you for your continued interest and help in seeking a solution.

I looked at the link and found the video to be enlightening and potentially helpful in the future, though not in this situation.

When you referenced Master Clips in an earlier post I decided to revisit Search in the Timeline, but instead of using "ALL" in the search criteria, I used "Effects" and I found a number of instances of Lumetri referenced in clips in the timeline.

After locating & removing all references I saved the project and verified in 7-Zip/Edit/Find there were no Lumetri references in the project file.

Originally I blindly relied on "Remove Attributes" to remove all instances of Lumetri, but apparently this wasn't the case.

Again thank you, maybe this information may help someone.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]