FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Displays, Mercury transmit and "Displays have separate spaces" nightmare.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Hancock
Multiple Displays, Mercury transmit and "Displays have separate spaces" nightmare.
on Jun 29, 2018 at 8:09:48 pm

I have a 3 monitor setup. In mission control there is a setting "Displays have separate spaces." When this setting is checked, Mercury transmit will only send signal to the primary display, regardless of which display is checked, and even if there are multiple displays checked. Is this normal?

There is also the problem of dialogue boxes constantly opening behind the playback monitor, with no way of clicking them unless I force quit, or physically turn off power to the other displays.

When "Displays have separate spaces" is unchecked, Mercury transmit works properly, however this leads to other problems. One problem is if you have an application in fullscreen mode, the other displays are black and cannot be used.

Also, if Chrome itself is NOT in fullscreen mode but you try and full screen a youtube video, the video switches over to the primary display, no matter what display Chrome is open on.

Does anyone know of a solution for this?

This is probably confusing so I am happy to clarify anything and would really appreciate the help. Thank you!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Multiple Displays, Mercury transmit and "Displays have separate spaces" nightmare.
on Jun 30, 2018 at 3:08:16 pm

Use a Blackmagic or AJA device for your video playback. Then you don’t have to deal with this nonsense.

Return to posts index

Ben Hancock
Re: Multiple Displays, Mercury transmit and "Displays have separate spaces" nightmare.
on Jul 1, 2018 at 3:05:45 pm

Which model would you recommend?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]