FORUMS: list search recent posts

strange frame doubling when pulling down from 29.97 to 23.97

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morgan Whirledge
strange frame doubling when pulling down from 29.97 to 23.97
on Jun 26, 2018 at 8:41:57 pm

I'm getting a very strange problem - I have multiple clips from the same source footage captured at 29.97 in a sequence with a 23.97 frame rate. Everything seems to work splendidly, except for one clip which when played back is effectively doubling (or skipping) every other frame (so it's essentially playing back at 12fps instead of 24fps - holding half the frames for 2x long and skipping the middle frames). It's very noticeable on playback, renders, and exports, and even clicking through it frame by frame you can see it doing what I describe.

I've tried messing with optical flow, frame blending, etc... but it doesn't change it, this is footage where the audio matters so it's not possible to just change the interpretation setting so it plays back slower. I have noticed that if I change the speed by even 1% it will playback much smoother, but will still give me a few moments of the doubled up frames. What is strange is that all the other footage, which is from the same exact source clip, is playing back totally fine.

Not sure what is going on - appreciate any guidance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: strange frame doubling when pulling down from 29.97 to 23.97
on Jun 26, 2018 at 10:22:47 pm

Make a 29.97 project...look at that clip in there. Or in a media player...does that clip still repeat frames?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]