FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to sync clips without merging so that you can still match frame & cut in the source in monitor?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Patrick
How to sync clips without merging so that you can still match frame & cut in the source in monitor?
on Jun 26, 2018 at 4:52:31 am

Hey all,

I've just begun assistant editing a feature. I typically come from AVID with this so my question basically starts at the beginning:

We are shooting ALEXA with external audio with timecode jam. All I want to do is sync these clips so that you select clips in your project, select your in and out points, and insert them in the timeline, and have both video and synced audio appear.

The problem I'm having is that I know I shouldn't be merging clips, because I don't want to lose metadata or cause a horrible migration into ProTools on down the line. I also want the clips to default to only using the L+R mixdown tracks but still preserve the ability to match back to the original .WAVs in case the editor wants to isolate discrete mics from the external audio. All of this is incredibly easy in AVID with subclipping but I'm at a loss on how to do it in Premiere.

I tried to sync using the multi-cam function and then drag the flattened clips into the project to create new clips but it just merges the clips, which I'm reading is just horrible for workflow. Seems like the Merge function would be perfect if it just matched to the original audio with Match Frame (obviously it does in 'reveal in finder.')

Any thoughts? Wondering how people typically set up a feature in Adobe now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]