FORUMS: list search recent posts

The whole Premiere timeline, except music, sped up for no apparent reason.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raf Chris
The whole Premiere timeline, except music, sped up for no apparent reason.
on Jun 25, 2018 at 12:45:46 am

So I was editing for a while on this project, then out of nowhere the ALL the video clips sped up about like 20%. The music and audio is exactly the same, everything is still perfectly synced, and the clips are all the same length that they were. Also when I try to edit the playback speed of the thing, it doesn't shorten or lengthen the clip. The clip stays the same exact speed while it only reduces the amount of content in the clip. Wtf? I checked it's not audio hardware source problem, and it's not the playback speed of the timeline.

Also, I tried exporting the whole project, and it carries the same problem through.

The strangest part I think is happening, is that when I go back to the one of the first save files, the same problem persists, even when there was no problem back then!

The framerate of it is 59.97, and the footage varies from 59.55 to 59.97

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: The whole Premiere timeline, except music, sped up for no apparent reason.
on Jun 25, 2018 at 4:30:33 pm

Sorry, but this is like posting, "Hey, my car just stopped working! Can someone help me?"

You could have any number of problems, so more detailed info about OS, CC versions number, third-party hardware, and the precise type of footage will help in the diagnostic process.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Raf Chris
on Jun 25, 2018 at 4:43:57 pm

Hey Dave, sorry I didn't include that information, stupid of me. My OS is Windows 10, version is Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.2 v11.0, no plugins installed, and the footage are screen recordings.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 25, 2018 at 10:18:42 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 25, 2018 at 10:27:06 pm

Screen recordings..... y'know, a lot of people record game play at insanely-high frame rates when it isn't necessary -- they just THINK it it's necessary, and it doesn't help a thing. Also, the screen capture application makes a big difference. A lot of problems arise from the crummy media containers & codecs they use for recording.

To know for sure, you'd have to tell us some details about those screen recordings.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on Jun 26, 2018 at 2:20:06 pm

Also, is that stuff variable frame rate? PPro does not like variable frame rate.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2017.1 (as of 8/2017)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from UHD MP4, HD MP4, and HD P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Jun 26, 2018 at 8:16:57 pm

[Raf Chris] "The framerate of it is 59.97, and the footage varies from 59.55 to 59.97"

That means its variable framerate, convert with Handbrake to constant framerate,

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS2/CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]